Burn ban extended to Lincoln Co. | Environment
Residents in Lincoln County were able to enjoy fireworks displays without incident, but now they will have to be a little more careful when doing outdoor activities.
The County Board of Commissioners have issued a burn ban to go into effect throughout the area.
The ban will be in effect from Tuesday, July 5, 2011 through August 3, 2011.
During a burn ban, no outdoor burning is allowed of any kind without a permit.
Officials say residents will still be able to grill outside, but only if you are using a gas grills with no open flames.
For more information, visit the forestry's website.
Upcoming Events near Lincoln County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel