Burn ban extended to Lincoln Co. | Environment
Residents in Lincoln County were able to enjoy fireworks displays without incident, but now they will have to be a little more careful when doing outdoor activities.
The County Board of Commissioners have issued a burn ban to go into effect throughout the area.
The ban will be in effect from Tuesday, July 5, 2011 through August 3, 2011.
During a burn ban, no outdoor burning is allowed of any kind without a permit.
Officials say residents will still be able to grill outside, but only if you are using a gas grills with no open flames.
For more information, visit the forestry's website.
Upcoming Events near Lincoln County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property