Three arrested after manhunt in Lincoln County | Business
Police say three people are in custody after thieves tried to steal copper from an oil site in Lincoln County.
Deputies received an alert from motion activated cameras and alarms at an oil site around 4 a.m. on Tuesday, February 22, 2011.
When they responded they found two vehicles at the site, with one truck being loaded with thousands of dollars worth of copper.
Three people were taken into custody for the crime, but officers say they are still looking for at least one other suspect.
One vehicle involved in the theft is believed to be stolen since the tag decal doesn't match the vehicle.
The sheriff says thefts at oil sites are a continuing problem in the county.
Upcoming Events near Lincoln County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property