Three arrested after manhunt in Lincoln County | Business
Police say three people are in custody after thieves tried to steal copper from an oil site in Lincoln County.
Deputies received an alert from motion activated cameras and alarms at an oil site around 4 a.m. on Tuesday, February 22, 2011.
When they responded they found two vehicles at the site, with one truck being loaded with thousands of dollars worth of copper.
Three people were taken into custody for the crime, but officers say they are still looking for at least one other suspect.
One vehicle involved in the theft is believed to be stolen since the tag decal doesn't match the vehicle.
The sheriff says thefts at oil sites are a continuing problem in the county.
Upcoming Events near Lincoln County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed